Summer is finally here! It is time to spend time with family and enjoy some fun in the sun. As the summer goes on, it can be challenging to find fun things to do. Never Fear! Here are five fun, easy activities that you and your preschooler can do outside during the summer months!
Five Fun Summer Activities For Preschoolers
- Giant soap bubbles – All you need is dish soap, water, a hula-hoop, and a plastic kiddie pool! Most kids love bubbles, so they will be fascinated with bubbles so big they can even stand inside them!
- Painting with coconuts or pool noodles – Painting is always a hit with kids, but painting with wacky objects is a blast! Objects like coconuts and pool noodles are just a few of the fun summer items that you can use to make fun and fascinating patterns!
- Painting seashells – Similar to painting with fun, summer-themed items, painting on summery things is so much fun! All the different shapes and sizes of seashells make them the perfect piece to paint. No two masterpieces will be alike, and your child will be busy for hours!
- Nature scavenger hunt – Scavenger hunts are always a fun way for your child to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Make them a list of fun things to find, or let them go out and bring you their favorite discovery!
- Make a maze with chalk – Have your child break out their thinking-hat and problem-solving skills to solve a maze! Draw the maze out with some chalk or even build it with some rocks. Then your child can solve it with toys or RC cars!
Summer is a perfect season to spend time with your children, and hopefully, you now have some fun summer activities for your preschoolers! Also, please remember to check out the summer programs offered by Heritage Learning Center! We are an award-winning preschool, and have been preparing children for success in McKinney, TX since 1987! For more information on who we are and all the programs we offer, please contact us today!